Little Miss Baby J

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Things I Have Learned

I never knew how greatly I'd be schooled by such a small thing, but this sweet little bundle o'mine sure is teaching me a thing or two.

Things I have learned thus far, from my little snuggle-bunny:
- I CAN actually survive on less (far less!) than 8-9 hrs of sleep.
- Apparently my boobs CAN triple in size. Who knew???
- While not ideal, going to the bathroom while holding a baby IS possible.
- Blow-outs usually occur when you a) least expect it, and b) are least prepared for it.
- It is possible to both be crying in frustration over the fact, while simultaneously revelling over the knowledge, that your baby only wants to sleep in your arms. This typically occurs in the wee hours of the morning.
- Going for days at a time without either a shower or a change of clothes (but multiple changes of nursing pads!) can quickly feel normal (though still not understood or accepted by the hubby).
- I have learned how to operate so many baby things (video monitor system, stroller, itzbeen, swing, bottle warmer, humidifier, etc), but managing to bathe and dry a slippery wet baby still remains a challenge.
- Whoever invented the breast pump MUST have been a sadist... or a masochist. --Whichever one of those means liking self-inflicted torture. Those things are seriously better served as torture devices. Pumping definitely isn't for sissies!

Biggest lesson thus far: I never knew I could love like this.

It's amazing.


1 comment: