Little Miss Baby J

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, May 28, 2010

The ongoing battle against Fear

I subscribe to a daily email 'devotional', from Sarah's Laughter. Sarah's Laughter is a Christian online infertility support group, and they send out encouraging emails on different topics or issues dealing with infertility, which give you a few verses and a commentary on them. Their recent theme has been on Fear & Anxiety, which for me, has been much-needed. Since fear & anxiety are continual problems in dealing with IF (at least for me!), I wanted to share some excerpts from one of my recent favorites with you:

"Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

God has allotted to each a measure of faith...
Romans 12:3

What a whirlpool of emotions you face when infertility invades your life! What a whirlpool of decisions that must be made! What a whirlpool of thoughts and fears! There are times you honestly feel like you are drowning in the waters of infertility and every thought, every decision, everything you do just gets you sucked further and further into infertility’s depths. What could be more frustrating?

Someone telling you to relax?

Okay, okay! I know! I always promise to never tell anyone struggling with infertility to “RELAX!” But when looking through the filter of God’s plan for your life, I believe it to be appropriate to encourage you to relax! He’s not telling you to relax because the problem you face is unimportant or doesn’t matter. He’s telling you that you can relax in the knowledge that he knows what to do to pull you through the whirlwind of infertility. Isaiah 41:10 says it best:

Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

Relax in His plan for you. You can trust Him to have a good plan for your life.

Does this mean you won’t be frustrated any more? Of course not! But God has given you a measure of faith. Activate the faith He has placed in you and relax in the knowledge that He really does hold your life in His hands.

Eventually, you’ll find the whirlpool fading away.

Infertility won’t always be the intense struggle it is for you today.

Activate your faith in the One who promises to guide you through this terrifying time in your life.


You may just find the splashes of fear fading away."



...I am hoping and praying that we will ALL come out of this season of life as survivors of IF, as victors over the fear & anxiety that attempt to cripple us in our day-to-day lives, and as stronger and more compassionate wives/sisters/daughters/friends to those around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment