Little Miss Baby J

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Almost There....

Saturday, I will have made it to a new milestone... 12 weeks.

I still have trouble believing we're here. That we're pregnant--that there is, in fact, a tiny little person growing and developing in me.

...Maybe by the time I give birth I'll believe it.

My waist has slowly been disappearing over the last week or two, and many of my go-to work pants are getting increasingly tighter around the waistline. I've been able to 'mask' my growing belly with loose-fitting or empire-waisted tops thus far, but I'm starting to realize that this tactic may not succeed much longer.

Today was my first OB visit, post RE-graduation. (again, crazy!)

My OB scanned my belly, trying for a few minutes to find the HB, and had no luck. --You'd think I would have been freaking out, but for some reason, I didn't. She said that depending on where the uterus was situated, the pelvic bone can sometimes prohibit them from finding the HB easily.

Lucky for us (as my DH was there with me), this bought us the opportunity for another u/s, which they hadn't initially planned to do. So we were able to get a few more pictures of Baby J today, and see how much bigger our jumping bean had grown since our last one a few weeks ago, which was nice. The arms and legs were so much more distinctive & developed this time, and we could even see the slight shadows of a tiny little nose and eye sockets on the screen.

That made our day, to know that things are still going well, and Baby J is continuing to grow and develop on track.

We're still thanking God every single night for this blessing, and the opportunity to grow our family...and I wake up each morning, just so thankful that I'm pregnant for another day, that we've made it this far.

Another 'first' for us this weekend: my parents, whom we'll be visiting, have offered to take me maternity-wear shopping.

...I think I was in college the last time they bought me clothes... so let's just say it's been about a decade since such an occurence has happened. --Not that I haven't tried, mind you... it's just that somehow, my wish-list for clothes at birthdays & Christmas somehow translated into Lo.wes or Ho.me De.pot gift cards. (thanks, padre)

So that's kinda exciting - new clothes, paid for by the padres!

Trouble is, I don't know much about maternity wear... what you need, or where to go, etc. Any suggestions on where to shop?

Hope everyone has fun plans for Labor Day. Hooray for 3-day weekends!

1 comment:

  1. I so relate to this. I laughed when I read "maybe by the time I give birth, I'll believe it"..it, no lie, really was like that to me. Maternity clothes - so fun! My favorites were from Gap Maternity. If you hit it right you may catch some good stuff off their sale rack - I had lots of luck with that, but it depends on the timing. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete