Little Miss Baby J

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It is too hot to be sitting at the computer (unfortunately just a desktop, and in one of the hottest rooms in the house), and it was too long a day at work to want to be on one long... so this may be short. But I felt bad that it had been so long since my last post--thus, my self-sacrifice of cool air downstairs & trash tv to bring you today's installment!

Last Thursday morning I woke up smiling. Not just because I'd had my second positive beta reading! --though that did play into it, I'm sure. The real reason I woke up smiling was because I had my first pregnancy dream.

This may seem so ridiculously trivial to you -- but to me, it was major.

For the past four years, I have been praying to get pregnant. And ya'll know that up 'til recently, I've had not the slightest bit of success. But during those years, I would always pray and ask God to give me just the tiniest sign that one day I'd be a mother---to give me a dream that I'm pregnant, just once. Sometimes that would be the last thought in my mind as I fell asleep at night.

Four years, and no dreams of pregnancy. Not a one.

But last Wednesday night, I had a dream. --and boy, was it strange! (guess I wasn't really specific about the particulars...)

I dreamt that I was in the North GA mountains at a company retreat, so there were lots of co-workers making cameos in my dream. I was in the dream -- not just watching myself like on tv--and I vividly remember the thrill I felt when I looked down and saw a round, pregnant belly--my own. So surreal.

Then the scene changed -- it was pouring down rain, the roads were flooding terribly, and I had to get in someone's truck to go to the hospital (not really sure why). The weird part was that the roads were so flooded, it was more like we were floating down the 'river' / street...and the truck kept spinning slowly around in the water. Craziness.

Then I was at the hospital, and for some reason, some guy in the waiting room grabbed hold of me and started twirling me around the floor, waltzing away.

And then I woke up. :)

Isn't that the craziest, weirdest dream? But it was so vivid. And I had a pregnant belly in it... so I woke up smiling, and thanking God for granting me one, and an entertaining one at that!

The weekend was good -- spent Friday night at home with DH, and then drove over to Birmingham to spend the rest of the weekend with one of my best girlfriends, and her two little girls. She's trying to abide by my "lets-not-get-too-excited-YET" mantra, but it's not coming easy for her.

As far as how I'm feeling -- other than tired, sore boobs, bloated tummy (either due to any lingering OHSS or from being a tad stopped up from the progesterone, I'm not sure), and the occasional mild headache, I feel fine.

I'm still wondering if this is real, or if I'm going to wake up tomorrow and find that it's all been another strange dream...

Tomorrow morning: 3rd and final beta test.

Guess we'll know more tomorrow night!

3 comments:

  1. So glad to get an update! I've been thinking about you. I sure understand about those dreams. I'm praying for them myself. Can't wait to hear the results of your last beta!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love the dream... that's awesome. Praying for good news today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh sweet friend. what a blessing to have a great dream. all my "pregnacncy" dreams were a bit different.... but i wont give you those details. hahah. i'll tell you later. what a blessing. God does have a sense of humor and likes to show it at times when we dont exactly expect it. i am awaiting the results of your beta today. praying for you! love you.

    ReplyDelete