Little Miss Baby J

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sore Cheeks

...and I'm not talking the ones you smile with!

Actually, to be quite specific, I'm talking about the upper, outer "quadrant" of both cheeks. :)

Thus far, I have had 17 intra-muscular (IM) injections of progesterone-in-oil (PIO).

The first two weeks of shots, I was thinking, man, this isn't so bad! What was all that talk about bruising, soreness, hitting nerves, etc? Those girls must have exaggerated---or maybe they're just more sensitive than me... This is a breeze!

Umm, yeah... all that changed on Monday.

All of a sudden, it seems like my body is realizing that these shots WILL take place nightly, and has finally decided to voice their objection to them in the form of pain. My right and left hip are so sore that pulling on and off clothes makes me wince, as does getting into and out of bed.

...So maybe those girls weren't full of malarky after all...

Oh, and before I forget -- today's Beta Update: 525.8.

Not quite "doubled" from Monday (315) -- should I be worried at all?

The nurse said the dr was satisfied with the number, and didn't have a problem with it. Still -- I don't know if I should be disappointed that it wasn't higher? --Or am I overthinking this?

They've scheduled my third and final Beta test for next Wednesday morning... praying the numbers continue to climb, and they're where they should be by then...


(p.s.... Just wanted to make sure you all knew I didn't think any of you were full of "malarky" ....isn't that a funny word though??)

3 comments:

  1. I never had to do PIO I had suppositories which were easier in that I did not have sore sheeks, but way grosser in the discharge depatrtment. I wouldn't be overly concerned about the beta number. It still is a very nice increase. You are on your way!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you know why I took heating pads to work, haha! Your numbers sound good to me so I would try not to worry (I know, easier said that done). Will continue to pray!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Sounds like your cheeks are going to be getting much more sore. ;o) It takes a while for it to wear off too, I still have knots!
    I wouldn't worry too much about the hcg levels. It's so close, even one hour later could have made all the difference in the world. And the #'s are great anyways!

    ReplyDelete